IFBB fitness pro and creator of the FITBODY training method, Julie Lohre is here to teach you all about the curtsy lunge, and its major perks.
Sure, a curtsy lunge may sound like a weird, medieval, princess training exercise, but it’s actually one of the best exercises for toning your inner thighs. Yep, that hard-to-reach spot, along with your booty, are in for a real challenge (in the best kind of way) with this move. That is, if you do it correctly…
Muscles Worked: legs
Equipment needed: None
How to do a Curtsy Lunge?
– Stand upright with your arms at your side. Either with or without weights.
– Take a step back and to the opposite side of the leg your are dropping back crossing back behind the leg doing the squat.
– Slowly lower your body down until your hips are in a normal squat position.
– Drive up through your standing leg bringing the curtsy leg back next to the squatting leg.
– Repeat on both sides alternating legs between each rep.