Heels To Heaven Abdominal Exercise
Also known as the Ab Upward Hip Thrust
A heel to Heaven is an ab workout to make a strong core and strengthen your lower abdominal muscles with a small yet targeted movement. It’s also called the Upward Hip Thrust Exercise. While the heels-to-heaven exercise movement is a small one, it has great impacts with a small range of motion. Bonus, no equipment is needed! 😀 Lie on your back with your hands at your sides and legs straight up towards the ceiling. Raise your hips straight up off the floor. Return and repeat.
In this video, Fitness Expert Julie Lohre demonstrates the heels to heaven abdominal exercise. This awesome lower body movement can be incorporated into your traditional strength training regimen or on an abdominal focus training day.
Heels To Heaven Muscles Worked
The “heels to heaven” exercise, also called the “Upward Hip Thrust,” is an easy-to-do exercise that you can do anywhere, and it targets your lower abdominal muscles. It’s a great exercise to add to your workout regimen to tighten your midsection.
Equipment needed: Just a clear spot on the floor!
How To Do The Heels To Heaven Exercise
- Begin lying on the floor with your feet just below your glutes.
- Press your lower back into the floor and straighten your legs at a 90º angle to the floor.
- Ensuring your lower back stays pressed down flat onto the ground, make sure you can’t slide your hand underneath.
- Extend your feet straight up and flex your heels.
- Place your hands down straight at your sides.
- While using your lower abs, slowly lift and press your heels upward to the ceiling and come back down.
- So you raise your heels up toward the ceiling and then back down and that completes 1 repetition.
- You wanna keep your legs as straight as possible and keep the movement small and targeted, only focusing on those lower abs engaging.