Tricep Press Downs
The triceps press-down is an exercise that requires the use of a cable machine, so it’s one that you’ll need to hit the gym to do, although you can perform an modified version of the exercise by using a resistance band attached to something from above.
- Set the cable machine up with the handle at head height.
- Grab the handle and stand upright with your back straight and your elbow tucked in to your sides.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, or place one in front of the other if it helps you balance.
- Pull the cable down until the handle touches your thigh and pause to squeeze your triceps at the bottom of the move.
- Then slowly raise the handle back to the starting position. Make sure you don’t lean forwards to aid the press and don’t let your elbow leave your side, otherwise you’ll lose some of the focus on the triceps.
Overhead Tricep Extension with Plate