Easy Protein Waffle Recipe – A Delicious Start to Your Day!
If you have been looking for the BEST protein waffle recipe with just 3 ingredients, I truly have a treat for you today. This super easy breakfast recipe combines the deliciousness of warm waffles with the nutritional benefits of protein powder. Let’s dive in!
An Easy Protein Waffle Recipe Like No Other
Who would have thought that waffles could be a healthy yet indulgent treat? Well, with my protein waffle recipe, you can have your cake so to speak and eat it too! I am making protein waffles using UMP protein powder, and it’s definitely going to revolutionize your morning meals. This waffle recipe packs about 370 calories and a whopping 30+ grams of protein, making it a fantastic breakfast choice for those on-the-go mornings or post-workout refuels.
How to Make Protein Powder Waffles
Wondering how to get that perfect golden-brown finish? Don’t sweat it; I’ve got you covered. In my step-by-step guide below, I’ll walk you through the whole protein waffle recipe, ensuring you have the know-how to whip up these beauties any day of the week.
FITBODY Protein Waffle Recipe Ingredients:
- Old Fashioned Oats: ½ Cup
- Beverly International UMP Protein Powder: 1 Scoop in your favorite flavor
- Eggs: 1 Whole Egg + 2 Egg Whites
- Optional Cinnamon: Just a Dash!
- Water: ½ Cup
Kitchen Tools You’ll Need:
- Waffle Maker – I love my Dash Deluxe No-Drip Waffle Iron Maker
- Mixing Bowl
Let’s Get Cooking!
- Mixing: In your mixing bowl, add oats and water. Microwave for 1 minute.
- To the cooked oats, add 1 scoop of UMP protein powder, whole egg, 2 egg whites, and a dash of cinnamon. Mix until you have a thick batter. You may need to add a bit of water, but don’t over do it. Too much water will make the batter thin and ruin your protein powder waffle recipe.
- Pour & Cook: Preheat your waffle maker. Once it’s ready, spray the waffle irons with a bit of non-stick cooking spray. Pour in the batter and cook until golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy: Slide out your perfect protein waffle, top with your favorite fruits or a drizzle of sugar free syrup, and enjoy!
Whether you’re hitting the gym regularly or just on the lookout for nutritious breakfast options, this protein waffle recipe is a game-changer. Not only are they quick and easy to make, but they also taste amazing. It’s truly the best of both worlds!
Are Protein Waffles Healthy?
No matter how you slice it, my protein waffle recipe with protein powder makes a healthy breakfast choice. Here is why…
- High Protein Content: Protein is an essential nutrient for many functions, including muscle repair and growth, immune function, and the manufacture of hormones and enzymes. After a night’s sleep, it’s crucial to replenish our bodies with adequate protein to kickstart these processes. With over 30 grams of protein, this waffle can support post-workout muscle recovery and keeps you fuller for longer, preventing mid-morning snack cravings.
- Complex Carbohydrates: Old Fashioned Oats in the recipe offer slow-releasing energy. Unlike simple sugars that spike blood sugar levels and leave you feeling drained later on, complex carbs release energy gradually, keeping you energized and alert throughout the morning.
- Low Caloric Content: At approximately 370 calories, this protein waffle recipe provides a satisfying breakfast without the heavy calorie count. The women that I work with in my online personal training program often include this protein powder recipe when we are on a restricted calorie diet and lose weight while gaining lean, sexy muscle.
- Wholesome Ingredients: The recipe avoids highly processed ingredients and incorporates wholesome items like eggs, oatmeal, and a touch of cinnamon, all of which bring their own set of nutritional benefits. For instance, eggs are a fantastic source of B-vitamins and healthy fats, while cinnamon offers antioxidant properties.
- Versatility: While delicious on its own, the waffle can be paired with various toppings, such as fresh fruits or Greek yogurt, allowing for added nutritional value and taste.
- Quick and Easy: In today’s fast-paced world, breakfasts that are both nutritious and quick to prepare are gold. My UMP protein waffle recipe requires just a handful of ingredients and a waffle maker, making it a feasible option even on the busiest mornings. BONUS! These can be made the night before and stored in your refrigerator for a quick grab and go breakfast!
- Satisfies Sweet Cravings: Many women crave something sweet in the morning, I know I do! Instead of reaching for sugary cereals or pastries, this protein waffle offers a healthier alternative that satisfies sweet cravings without the sugar crash later.
In essence, my protein waffle recipe strikes a beautiful balance between nutrition and taste, making it a commendable choice for anyone seeking a healthful start to their day. Don’t take my word for it, try them yourself. Better yet, make them for your kids and watch them devour the waffles!
Can You Eat Protein Waffles Everyday?
Protein waffles can be so tasty that you may be tempted to eat them everyday. While no one food should be the only thing you eat, because my protein waffle recipe has a nice balance of complex carbohydrates, protein, and fats, you can frequently include them in your meal plan. That said, it is important to consider factors like variety and your own individual nutritional needs. While these waffles are packed with benefits, it’s essential to maintain a diverse diet. Relying solely on a single meal, no matter how nutritious, can limit the spectrum of essential nutrients you end up eating consumes.
If you find that you are making this protein waffle recipe all the time like I do, think about diversifying your toppings and mix-ins. This not only breaks the monotony but also ensures you get different nutrients—berries and Greek yogurt on one day, perhaps, and bananas with almond butter on another.
Moreover, everyone woman’s caloric and nutritional needs are different. An athlete or an individual with high energy expenditure might need to beef up their waffles with additional sides (or double the recipe), while someone on a restricted diet might need to be cautious about the caloric content of their toppings. It’s also worth noting the importance of selecting a high-quality protein powder, especially if it’s going to be a regular feature in your diet. Different protein powders offer varied nutritional profiles, from whey to plant-based, and it’s crucial to choose one without unnecessary additives or fillers.
Those with specific dietary restrictions or allergies must ensure the waffle’s ingredients align with their needs. And if you’re not accustomed to a protein-rich diet, be attentive to how your digestive system reacts. Balancing your overall diet is key. If this protein waffle recipe with 3 ingredients become a staple, make sure that your other meals provide a comprehensive mix of carbs, fats, proteins, and essential vitamins and minerals. And as with any significant dietary decision, consulting with a nutritionist or health professional can offer tailored advice and peace of mind.